Voltacore terms and conditions
All work, pre-planned or short-notice call out will be subject to the terms and conditions stated below unless otherwise agreed beforehand in writing. Where the work is pre-planned or of a larger nature a written scope of works will be provided and this will detail the specifics relating to that particular job.
Lighting Install’s & Alterations
- All downlights and pendants are assumed to be non-dimmable unless otherwise stated.
- The number of downlights in any given room will be determined by the room size, joist layout, planned furniture placement and other such practical factors.
- Downlights are based on fire rated GU10 LED models with warm/cold/daylight white lamps. A demonstration can be provided for approval.
- Light dimming options where specified require Careful matching of Lamps and Dimmer switches as not all models work well together, this may limit the selections available depending on the specification required.
- Non-standard light fixtures can be provided where supplies can be sourced, but may add additional cost and replacements under warranty may not be available.
- Where feature lighting has been sourced or supplied by parties other than Voltacore LTD, please open the packaging and inspect for missing parts or damage, especially with regard to parts such as glass shades. Voltacore LTD cannot be held responsible for items that have not been inspected and subsequently show signs of damage or missing component parts upon unpackaging and may incur additional costs for a return visit.
- Where light fittings are supplied by the customer it is assumed Voltacore LTD will need to supply the Lamps unless otherwise specified.
- TV services are assumed to be arial points unless stated otherwise.
- Any new TV points required will be assumed to be connected to an existing working aerial, although it may be the case that additional boosting/distribution is required.
- If the aerial or satellite dish is not present or is inadequate then additional works or 3rd party fitter may be required.
- It is assumed that any heated towel rails installed in the bathroom, wet-rooms or en-suite are to be powered by the central heating system and that no electrical feed is required unless specified by the customer.
- Lighting in the bathroom/wet-room/en-suite must be IP rated if the ceiling is below 2.25m from the finished floor level, otherwise non-IP rated fittings can be fitted.
- Extractor fans are specified based on appropriate model for the location needed and models that will work in the space available and all will be installed with an accessible Fan Isolator switch.
- Under-cupboard lighting is assumed to come on with the room lighting unless specified otherwise by the customer.
- The under-cupboard light is based on Link Lights which can be sized appropriately and individually switched in most cases.
- Stud walls may have to have additional holes or be opened if there is internal construction such as a noggin in the way of the wiring route required.
- Modifications to or removal of existing accessories either for replacement or inspection may result in chipping of plaster or paintwork or torn wallpaper which may require correction by third parties unless accounted for in the scope of works or agreed with customer.
- Where carpeting or flooring is to be lifted, every effort will be made to avoid damage and refit to an acceptable standard, however a professional may be required to refit it properly.
- Wall chases will be left unfilled unless specified in the scope of works.
- Drilling of brickwork may result in ‘blowing out’ of the brick face. This will be avoided where possible but where unavoidable we will attempt to make as good as possible.
- Every effort will be made to minimise dust via dust sheets, however sensitive or valuable items should be removed or covered to the customers own standard before work commences.
- Cleaning of the work area may occur during or at the end of the works depending on the habitation status of the site.
- Repairs to decorative finishes are outside of our works and may require an appropriate professional’s attention.
- New accessories may not match the footprint of the old ones resulting in painting or other decorative finishing being required which would be outside of the standard basic scope of works and again may need an appropriate professional to make good.
- When appliance repairs are performed it is assumed that the appliance is in good working condition with Exception to the part that is faulty & being replaced by Voltacore LTD.
- Voltacore LTD do NOT offer Warranty on the Appliance being repaired, our warranty applies ONLY to the Part we repair or replace. In terms of our 2 year Guarantee this means that if we repair one part for example a cooker element and then the digital display fails this is NOT the sort of fault that is covered by our Guarantee.
Final accessories (Switch’s & sockets ect)
- Accessories such as light switches & socket plates are assumed to be in a white plastic style unless a decorative option has been specified.
- White plastic accessories are usually based on brands like Scolmore “Click” ect. Decorative accessories, if desired, may incur additional purchase costs.
- Decorative finish samples can be shown for evaluation.
- We reserve the right to refuse to install any client-supplied accessories that appear to be damaged, not made to British or European standards or which would be unsuitable for the intended application.
- No consumer unit (fuse box) upgrade can take place without the electrical installation first being fully tested and inspected as part of an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR), and any serious issues that may be uncovered then rectified.
- Where accessories have been sourced or supplied by parties other than Voltacore LTD, please open the packaging and inspect for missing parts or delivery damage. Voltacore LTD cannot be held responsible for items that have not been inspected and subsequently show signs of damage or missing component parts upon unpackaging.
- Where a spur accessory is fed from an existing accessory, it is assumed the existing accessory is not already a spur, otherwise a fuse point may have to be installed with associated costs that will not have been factored into the scope of works unless otherwise stated.
- Unless specified otherwise, the term “outlets” when written on a scope of works refers to standard twin socket outlets located at a ‘standard height’, e.g. to match the height of existing accessories in a room, low level for living areas and mid-level for kitchen worktops.
- Standard outlets are Not decorative, USB enabled or fitted with smart technology. The term ‘outlets’ does not apply to non-standard locations such as in cupboards/under work surfaces or high level sockets or fuse points for TV’s, extractor fans, RCD points or other accessories which, if included, will be listed separately and explicitly on the scope of works.
- Where attic access is required, it is assumed there is suitable room to move, that the attic is not full of items, there are no vermin, that cables are accessible and that the floor has not been boarded. Where this is not the case, additional time/costs may be required to work around such issues.
- Where work needs to take place, it will be expected that furniture will have been cleared beforehand to allow reasonable access for personnel and tools. Should any furniture require moving, no responsibility is accepted for damage and time incurred would be chargeable.
- Should it NOT be possible or practical to move furniture or obstructions due to fragility, amount, weight, security of fixings or any other factors then it may become necessary to postpone or abandon the proposed works without notice until the issue is resolved, how ever appropriate contact with client will be made.
- It is assumed the existing electrical installation is fault-free and that no remedial work is required before modifications can be made. If faults or issues are uncovered during inspection & testing or at any time during the installation work, then you will be made aware of the problem and of your options.
- Any remedial work found necessary to allow the modification and certification of the installation may incur additional costs for time and materials.
- Parking, congestion or other vehicle related charges, where applicable, will be added to the final invoice.
- Power may be interrupted at any time and for prolonged periods. Sensitive equipment such as computers or important health monitoring devices should be taken offline or pointed out to us before work commences so appropriate measures can be put in place.
- Any important or critical systems or appliances should be made known at the start of work and checked at the end by the client to ensure they have power and are operating correctly. Voltacore LTD will not be responsible for inconsequential loss or damage as a result of necessarily disconnecting the power in order to undertake the required work.
- Voltacore staff will supply their own access equipment for use on site unless circumstances dictate specialist or more accessible client provided access equipment has been authorised for use either verbally or in writing. Where a client supplies access equipment such as high ladders, high step ladders, loft ladders, scaffolding or other platform arrangements, it is assumed such equipment is fit for purpose and can be operated or used as designed/erected/installed with no risk to personnel or property.
- The client shall be liable for the safety and maintenance of their own provided access equipment, and for informing employees of Voltacore LTD of any operational issues or limitations which may cause injury or damage if not adhered to.
- Where access equipment has been set up on site, Voltacore LTD does not authorise or allow any third party use. Any unauthorised operation, use, movement, alteration or interference with said equipment is at the individual’s own risk.
- Removing power from an appliance, especially one that is near its end of life can sometimes result in it failing to switch back on or operate correctly afterwards. Voltacore LTD will not be responsible for inconsequential loss or damage as a result of the incorrect operation of any appliance upon the restoration of power.
- For businesses it is the clients responsibility to ensure all important or business-critical systems are operational following works and before trading begins.
- Equipment assets belonging to Voltacore LTD including (but not limited to) portable lighting and extension leads left on site for the benefit of third parties such as other trades are required to be returned complete, operational, intact and in no worse condition than when supplied. Missing or damaged items of equipment may be charged for.
- Where practicable, it is recommended that any electrical work is booked for a time when other trades are not present in order to avoid logistical issues (site parking, suitable working room, reduction of trip hazards etc.), as well as issues surrounding our need to isolate power which may be required for tools or lighting others may be using.
- If we’re required to work on a project in conjunction with other trades of a client’s choosing such as a builder, plumber etc., it will be assumed the client has performed due diligence to ensure third party trades are properly insured and accredited and that they will conduct their work in a professional manner.
- If any other trade on site exhibits working practices which are considered to be dangerous, unprofessional or in any way unworkable or incompatible with the working standards of Voltacore LTD, the right is reserved to postpone or cancel in full any scope of works or booked job with charges levied for any time and materials supplied to date.
- Projects involving multiple days such as full building refurbishments and rewires where the planning is being overseen by a third party must nominate a project manager responsible for relaying up-to-date information on scheduling, delays and client expectations to Voltacore LTD Where planning is lacking and results in missed deadlines or delays which risk affecting scheduling arrangements for other clients of Voltacore LTD, the right is reserved to postpone or cancel in full any scope of works or booked job with charges levied for any time and materials supplied to date.
No guarantee is given for the operation or longevity of smart-home solutions or their ongoing compatibility with third party equipment or services. It is expected that the manufacturer of any ‘smart’ technology will plan for a long product lifecycle and will keep any associated apps or services up-to-date, secure and operational.
Besides the physical installation and electrical connections, ongoing technical support is not offered for any smart home equipment supplied/or not supplied by Voltacore LTD beyond basic use and it is assumed the device manufacturer provides apropriate user support.
- Variations to the scope of works may be made at any time but may alter quoted/estimated pricing depending on the impact on time and materials.
- Materials can be itemised on the invoicing so that you can keep track of the costs.
- Working days are based on 8 hours which includes time for planning, packing/unpacking tools & materials and sourcing materials from suppliers when required.
- Work booked outside of 20mile radius of WA11 may attract additional travel time costs or have the travel time factored into the working day.
- Estimates and quotes are based on calculated costs of known materials and the likely installation time. Invoice costs may vary from estimated pricing within reason or where there have been unforeseen circumstances outside of our control.
- The physical installation on site may be undertaken by any one or more employees of Voltacore LTD or an approved subcontractor on the appointed date(s) when work is booked.
- Emergency work may consist of getting a site into safe temporary use, wholly or partially until a further appointment can be made.
- Where security equipment such as CCTV and intruder alarms have been installed, Voltacore LTD accepts no liability for loss, injury or damage resulting from the malfunction, failure or deliberate disarming of such equipment. Burglar alarms and CCTV assist in crime prevention and are installed only as a deterrent, not a failsafe. These should be checked for full functionality before and after works have been undertaken.
- No deposit or up-front payments are required with the exception of where materials have been delivered to site which may be invoiced for after delivery and before work commences.
- For larger projects, invoices may be issued for completed sections of work as the job progresses.
- Invoices are payable upon presentation. For multi-phase work with staged payments, the start of the following phase cannot begin until the previous phase invoice has been paid in full. Stages may be defined by time periods, set pieces of work or any other definable options at planning stage agreed before-hand by Voltacore LTD & the client.
- Work relating to invoices not settled in full within Seven(7) calendar days of issue forfeit the 24-month no-fuss guarantee and are only covered “after” payment in full by a 12-month materials-only guarantee. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Payment in full of an invoice indicates your acceptance that the work has been completed to your satisfaction. Should you have any queries or concerns regarding the workmanship and/or materials used then please discuss the issue with me directly before settling any invoice.
- Certification for a set piece of electrical work will not be completed and passed on until confirmation is received that the work has been completed as requested and that no additional alterations are required.
- Supplied goods and materials remain the property of Voltacore LTD until paid for in full.
- Voltacore LTD reserves the right to refuse to undertake any future work for any client where a past invoice has not been settled in full and in a timely manner.
- Invoices can be settled by BACS (preferred), by cash or by credit/debit card. There are no discounts for cash and no surcharges for card payments.
- Invoices not settled within thirty days may be subject to additional interest charges or referred/sold to our debt recovery partner.
- Materials carry a mark-up of (generally) 10-25% to cover the sourcing time, transport costs, delivery and ongoing warranty support.
- Pricing on estimates or quotations are valid for thirty days.
- Short notice, expedited or work outside of office hours may be charged at a higher rate as shown on the Pricing page of this website.
- Pricing where given include VAT where applicable. VAT will not be reclaimable as we are not within the VAT threshold and as such are not VAT registered.
It may be necessary to split a job into staged visits, for example:
1. Decommissioning of existing electrics.
2. First fix (cabling in place before plastering/tiling).
3. Second fix (accessories fitted into final position after decorating).
- Your scope of works will indicate whether staged visits are required. Where staged work is planned, you will be invoiced upon completion of each stage. The start of the next stage will be held until the previous stage invoice has been paid for in full.
Work that is notifiable to Local Authority Building Control under Part-P of the Building Regulations will be processed on your behalf through my membership of NAPIT and you will be provided with all the relevant certification paperwork upon completion.*
Where work falls under the scope of BS7671, electrical certification will be provided upon completion.*
- Certification and any other handover paperwork will be presented at the end of the project once you have accepted the work has been completed to your satisfaction and that no further alterations or additions are required.
- Certificates or reports may be rescinded and left invalid for insurance purposes if an invoice relating to the work they cover is not paid in full.
- An administrative fee will be applied to each supplied certificate to cover the preperation and submission costs involved.
- Whoever performs your electrical work should provide you with a signed electrical certificate and, if required, a Building Regulations Certificate of Compliance. These documents mean the installer accepts the legal liability for having performed the installation correctly. If you aren’t given the correct certification, you are legally liable for any incidents or accidents as a result of the work having been performed improperly.
Data Protection (EU GDPR regulations)
- Voltacore LTD does not hold or process any financial information, this is handled via banking industry standards through our banking providers.
Recycling and disposal
- Voltacore LTD is a licenced waste carrier, registration CBDL336901 Recyclable materials from supplied goods such as carboard packaging and waste copper will be removed from site for environmentally sound disposal. Non-recyclable waste or any waste not licenced under the terms of the Waste Carrier Licence will be left on site for responsible disposal by the site contact / client appointing the work. My waste disposal policy can be viewed here.
- You may cancel any job at any time. If work has already commenced then you will be invoiced for time and materials up to that point. If specialist fixtures, fittings or materials have been ordered in then their return may be subject to a restocking fee imposed on us by our suppliers. Goods already delivered to site remain the property of Voltacore LTD and will need to either be returned complete in unopened and undamaged packaging or paid for in full. Surveying, design, inspection, testing or planning work, where already completed, may be charged for.
Warranty information can be found HERE.
Complaints information can be found HERE.
These terms and conditions and any associated policies may be updated at any time and without notice unless the alteration specifically affects an already planned or quoted work in progress.